Tuesday, September 2, 2008

DVD UPDATE: 9/2/08

Welcome to September everybody! Before I go into the latest DVD UPDATE, I'd just like to take a moment to pay tribute to two incredible people in the entertainment industry who are no longer with us.

Last night, Don LaFontaine, a true voice-over legend passed away.


This is someone who many knew by only his voice. The legendary "In a world where..."? That was Don. A top notch voice-over actor dating as far back as the 70s, his was a voice very familiar to many unforgettable movie trailers, TV spots, and radio spots. I still kick myself for not knowing about this Voice Actors Convention held in Las Vegas in 2007. He was there. I could have met him...and I didn't. Makes me feel even worse now. He is one of my favorite voice artists, next to Gary Owens. He will never be forgotten.

Also, a legend in the country music world has now passed on. Jerry Reed.


While many people closer to my own age may know him as 'The Snowman' in the Smokey and the Bandit trilogy, others knew him as a true guitar legend. I guess now after having gone East and West Bound and Down, he'll now be heading Heaven Bound.

RIP Don and Jerry. We'll never forget you.

Well, without further ado, on with the new DVDs!

October 7

Bumped up a week early! Niiiice!

October 21
*
Pretty much an Amazon.com EXCLUSIVE featuring everything Family Guy and a Bonus DVD of American Dad.

*
*

October 28
*
(Abbott and Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection)

November 4
*

November 18
*

November 25
*
*

December 16
*

No comments: